A COMPARISON OF TRANSPORT COSTS, PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE, AND SPOILAGE FACTORS FOR INTERMODAL SHIPMENTS OF ICEBERG LETTUCE TO EUROPEAN MARKETS
The study identifies some of the problems and opportunities of air cargo and surface (van container) shipments. Cost comparisons are made between these two transport modes. Also, the cost effectiveness of air cargo transport is weighed.
Agricultural Research ServiceDepartment of Agriculture
Beltsville, MD United States 20705
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Exports; Farm produce; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigeration; Refrigeration systems; Stowage; Vegetables
- Old TRIS Terms: Agricultural exports
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00147546
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Agricultural Marketing Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARS-NE-77
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM