NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH-SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 18 - SUPPORT SERVICES: ENGINEERING, ECONOMICS AND COST ESTIMATING
The report is a summary of analyses and refinements, where applicable, of the available track alignment data on the Northeast Corridor, track realignment unit costs, minor realignment costs, lateral track shifts, vehicle costs, and train performance calculations for the purpose of further defining curve realignments and vehicle characteristics. The report deals with these topics based on both the 150 mph system, defined in previous NEC reports, and the 120 mph system.
- Prepared in cooperation with Urban Pathfinders, Inc., Baltimore, Md.
Bechtel Corporation15740 Shady Grove Road
Gaithersburg, MD USA 20760
Urban Pathfinders, IncorporatedBaltimore, MD USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Arnlund, R C
- Ronald, C C
- Olsen, K A
- Ferber, W E
- McInnis, M J
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 456 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Benefit cost analysis; Cost engineering; Cost estimating; Curved track; Estimates; High speed rail; High speed track; Passenger transportation; Railroad tracks; Railroad trains; Railroads; Train operations; Train track dynamics
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Track alignment; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Economics; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00147392
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ONECD-76/18 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-66005
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM