NORTHEAST CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 12.7. CORRIDOR STATIONS SCHEMATIC DEVELOPMENT: PHILADELPHIA 30TH STREET STATION
The Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 authorizes the Secretary of Transportation to implement the Northeast Corridor Improvement Program to achieve, within 5 years after date of enactment of the Act, establishment of regularly scheduled and dependable intercity rail passenger service between Boston, MA and Washington, DC, including appropriate intermediate stops. As a basis for establishing a recommended development program to significantly improve intercity rail passenger service facilities at selected stations along the Northeast Corridor, the work of Task 12 consisted of the review of earlier work, the development of performance standards, and at each station, the evaluation of existing structural, mechanical and electrical conditions, development of alternative site and station concept plans, coordination with local agencies and Amtrak, selection of a recommended alternative, and preparation of schematic plans, outline specifications, implementation schedules and cost estimates. This report is one in a series which defines the scope of work to be undertaken at each station on behalf of the high speed rail system; delineates the physical planning configurations for the station building, vehicular access/egress system, parking, and platform facilities; and identifies preliminary estimates of construction costs to implement the recommended development program. (Portions of this document are not fully legible.)
- See also Task 12.6, PB-260 803. Microfiche copies only.
Weese (Harry) and Associates Limited600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Construction; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates; Parking facilities; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad stations; Railroads; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Pennsylvania; Philadelphia (Pennsylvania); Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger station design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00147388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/NECPO-76/12.7 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56014
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM