THE APPLICATION OF DECOMPOSITION TO TRANSPORTATION NETWORK ANALYSIS
This document reports preliminary results of five potential applications of the decomposition techniques from mathematical programming to transportation network problems. The five application areas are (1) the traffic assignment problem with fixed demands, (2) the traffic assignment problem with elastic demand, (3) the transportation network improvement problem, (4) the optimal staging of transportation investments over time, and (5) the geographic decomposition of the traffic assignment problem. For all five, proposed solution techniques are presented and compared with previous work.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C. Office of the Secretary.
Control Analysis Corporation800 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA USA 94304
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Dantzig, G B
- Maier, S F
- Lansdowne, Z F
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost allocation; Decomposition; Demand; Investments; Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Networks; Programming (Mathematics); Theory; Traffic; Traffic assignment; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Decomposition (Mathematics); Network flows; Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Allocations
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00147381
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-26 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1059
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM