STATIC BRAKE INSPECTION INVESTIGATION. VOLUME I. SUMMARY REPORT
The report describes a program to develop methods of inspecting automotive brake systems to ensure that they are in good operating condition without resorting to wheel removal. State-of-the-art techniques are surveyed and literature searched for existing criteria, techniques and equipment. New criteria, techniques, equipment and vehicle modifications are proposed, evaluated for technical integrity and cost effectiveness, and traded off. A final specification for Static Brake Inspection is defined.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA United States 01887
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brakes; Cost effectiveness; Durability tests; Equipment; Inspection; Law enforcement; Motor vehicles; Safety; Specifications; State of the art studies; States; Traffic safety; Trucks; Wear
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00147359
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-067 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00949
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM