LOAD TESTS OF ARMORED BRIDGE JOINTS
This report describes the instrumentation and load testing of two different armored expansion joints. The purpose of the tests was to shed light on factors relating to the design of armored joints, and more specifically, to determine whether either of the two subject joints was underdesigned or overdesigned. Two armored expansion joints for bridges are analyzed with respect to their stress behavior under static loading. Details of the static load tests and attempts at dynamic load tests are provided. Although the tests described herein are very limited, significant information is provided regarding design loads, flexural rigidity of the armored joint system, method and spacing of anchorage, and geometry of the armament.
- Record URL:
- See also report dated April 76, PB-258998.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Cosaboom, B
- Kozlov, G
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchorages; Anchors (Structural connectors); Bridge decks; Bridges; Construction joints; Design; Design load; Elastomers; Expansion joints; Fasteners; Flexural strength; Highway bridges; Instrumentation; Joint sealers; Joints (Engineering); Load tests; Loads; Measuring instruments; Performance tests; Reinforced concrete; Strain (Mechanics); Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Armored edge joints; Strains
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00147358
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-009C-7731 Final Rpt., FHWA/RD-76-S0531
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM