MEASURING AND MINIMIZING DIODE DETECTOR NONLINEARITY
The paper describes a technique for measuring the linearity of amplitude detectors in general, and for measuring the deviation from square-law, E, of point-contact diode detectors in particular. A general mathematical model is given for determining the rf input power as a function of the detector output voltage. For point-contact diodes it is shown how to choose the video load resistance to minimize E, as well as how to calculate and correct for E.
- Sponsored in part by School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks AFB, Tex. Pub. in CPEM Digest, p108-109 1976.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD USA
School of Aerospace Medicine2507 Kennedy Circle
Brooks Air Force Base, TX USA 78235
- Hoer, C A
- Roe, K C
- Allred, C M
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Diodes; Linearity; Mathematical models; Microwaves; Radio equipment; Radio frequency identification; Semiconductor devices; Semiconductors
- Old TRIS Terms: Crystal detectors; Microwave frequencies
- Subject Areas: Materials;
- Accession Number: 00147309
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS2763433, NBS2763403
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 2002 12:00AM