ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ANALYSIS AND CITIZENS PARTICIPATION IN BIKEWAY PLANNING AND DESIGN
The paper contains an analysis of the environmental impacts of bikeways on a community. The infancy of the bicycling experience limits the analysis, especially for the socioeconomic considerations. Several citizen participation techniques are discussed for their application and ability to provide necessary information in the planning of a safe, efficient, effective, and compatible bikeway system for a community. Finally, an example of a bikeway planning program incorporating citizen participation techniques is presented.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Lum, WSC
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Bikeways; City planning; Communities; Design; Environmental impacts; Public participation; Public relations; Roads; Socioeconomic factors
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00147304
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/HNG-22-76-02 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM