UNIVERSITY AREA TRANSIT STUDY. A PRELIMINARY DESIGN
Situations and events of the past ten years in the University Area of the West Bank, East Bank and St. Paul Campuses of the University of Minnesota, generated discussions of the need for a transit circulation and distribution system and the need to define the relationship between the circulation system and the regional transit system. The University Area Study was conducted in two parts: Part (1) System selection -- The work completed (goals, objectives, culture and performance requirements, identification of potential...users, transit system alternatives, and summary report) resulted in the definition of a conceptual transit system for the University Area. Part (2) Preliminary design -- This work refines the conceptual transit system, defines system performance specifications, estimates capital and operating costs, and includes an implementation schedule.
- Prepared by Simpson and Curtin, Philadelphia, Pa.
Bather-Ringrose-Wolsfeld, Incorporated7101 York Avenue South
Edina, MN United States 55435
Simpson and Curtin, Incorporated1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19102
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Operating costs; Planning; Scheduling; Specifications; Transportation; Universities and colleges; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Geographic Terms: Minnesota
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00147303
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 74-5, UMTA-MN-09-0010-74-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-MN-09-0010
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1981 12:00AM