LORAN-C FEASIBILITY DEMONSTRATION PLAN
The report sets forth the following objectives of demonstrating terrestrial applications of LORAN-C, a radio navigation system, operated and maintained by the U.S. Coast Guard to determine the: (a) need for and costs of calibrating and of converting LORAN-C time difference values to other site location forms; (b) control display requirements as a function of system application; (c) costs and problems involved in training users; (d) steps required to implement a LORAN-C system in each of the application areas; (e) operational difficulties and to (f) document costs of implementation of a LORAN-C system. The report details demonstration scope, fiscal, temporal, evaluative criteria, and manpower requirements. Applications to be demonstrated are among those detailed in preceding report under this contract entitled, 'LORAN-C Conceptual Analysis.' Applications are distributed in three major categories: Automatic Vehicle Monitoring (AMV), Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) or Dispatch, and Site Registration.
- Prepared in cooperation with Polhemus Navigation Sciences, Inc., Burlington, Vt.
New York State Department of Motor VehiclesGovernor Nelson A Rockefeller Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY United States 12228
Polhemus Navigation Sciences, IncorporatedBurlington, VT United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic tracking; Automatic vehicle monitoring; Centralized traffic control; Costs; Dispatching; Education; Feasibility analysis; Ground vehicles; Implementation; Location; Loran; Monitoring; Position fixing; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Centralized control
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00147302
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-057 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01234
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1981 12:00AM