VOR VACUUM TUBE AVAILABILITY ASSESSMENT PROGRAM
The report deals with the problem of the continued availability of vacuum tubes and solid state replacement devices to support representative VOR equipment through the 1980's. The reduced availability of vacuum tubes is due mainly to the massive transition to solid state equipment by the consumer entertainment industry. This action has led to a large reduction of vacuum tube suppliers, and to a significant increase in the cost of vacuum tubes. Price and tube demand data are presented for selected VOR systems. The applicability of solid state replacement devices to the VOR equipments is discussed.
Rome Air Development CenterGriffiss AFB, NY United States
- Huddleston, G K
- Cosel, R M
- Peele, W D
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Assessments; Electron tubes; Equipment; Equipment replacement; Radio; Solid state electronics; Transmission; Very high frequency
- Uncontrolled Terms: Replacement
- Old TRIS Terms: Radio ranges; Vhf omnidirectional range
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00147286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-76-183 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WAI-356
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM