AN INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDY OF ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION BY LEAD AND OTHER METALS
The study is based on the concept of a wide-scale, interdisciplinary project on environmental contamination by lead. The progress report for the University of Illinois Metals Task Force includes reports from the plant response, urban dust, synthesis and modeling, and analytical laboratory groups. The major objectives of the Metals Task Force are: (1) The development of interdisciplinary research methods on a university campus; and (2) an evaluation of the input, distribution, and effects of lead in the environment. Completed during 1975 are studies of the current distribution of lead in ecosystem components resulting from the use of lead in gasoline as well as a number of studies of the fluxes of lead, the factors controlling those fluxes, and the effects of lead on ecosystem components other than man. The results are presented in the ecosystem group completion report. During the past year, investigations have focused on two areas: (1) Lead effects on terrestrial plant productivity; and (2) sources, transport pathways, and forms of lead in the urban environment.
- See also PB-222 824.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignInstitute for Environmental Studies
Urbana, IL USA 61801
National Science FoundationResearch Applied to National Needs
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerosols; Air pollution; Air quality management; Concentration (Chemistry); Documents; Dust; Environment; Environmental protection; Gasoline; Highways; Interdisciplinary studies; Lead (Metal); Petroleum products; Plant growth; Plants; Pollution; Research projects; Soils; Surveys; Tables (Data); Universities and colleges; Urban areas; Walkways; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Interdisciplinary
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00147062
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/E-75/152 Proj. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-316-5, NSF-ERT74-24276
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM