STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR TANKER CONSTRUCTION
These standard specifications for tanker construction are intended to provide guidance to the maritime industry for the preparation of detail ship specifications. They are complete in all aspects of required contract work and embody the following pertinent features: Levels of quality for construction differential subsidy, current requirements of regulatory bodies, latest technological developments, measures of standardization to encourage mass production techniques, standard text to reflect legal aspects of contract work, and metric identification of all standard sizes and dimensions.
- See also COM-72-11469.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-7-4
- Pagination: 614 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric circulation; Construction; Fires; Fittings; Furniture; Hoists; Hulls; Human factors engineering; Machinery; Marine diesel engines; Marine engineering; Marine safety; Measurement; Navigation; Openings; Painting; Piping systems; Protection; Safety equipment; Seawater; Ship structural components; Shipbuilding; Specifications; Subsidies; Survival; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Covering; Fixtures; Marine propulsion; Metrology; Ship construction specifications; Tanker construction; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00146771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-GEN-720-77011 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM