FLIGHTCREW COORDINATION PROCEDURES IN AIR CARRIER INSTRUMENT LANDING SYSTEM APPROACH ACCIDENTS
This special study analyzes air carrier ILS (Instrument Landing System) accidents and incidents which occurred from 1970 through 1975. The study discusses air carrier flightcrew coordination procedures, the variations between the procedures of different carriers, and their involvement in ILS approach accidents.
National Transportation Safety BoardOffice of Aviation Safety
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1976-8-18
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Aircraft crashes; Approach; Aviation safety; Collisions; Coordination; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Flight crews; Instrument landing systems; Navigation; Research; Specialized training; Standardization; Statistical analysis; Visibility
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Instrument landing; Visual navigation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00146769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-AAS-76-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM