DEVELOPMENT OF RELIABILITY-BASED AIRCRAFT SAFETY CRITERIA: AN IMPACT ANALYSIS. VOLUME II. COMPUTER MANUAL
The random stress processes, composite Gaussian or single Gaussian, are constructed on the basis of exceedance curves for different aircraft under various flight conditions. The fatigue crack propagations under such stress processes are estimated with the aid of fracture mechanics method. Numerical examples are worked out to illustrate the numerical significance of various analytical models and to indicate the sensitivity of the probability of failure to the parameters involved in the models. This volume contains computer program lists, input and output descriptions, input and output samples, flow charts and other data necessary for numerical work associated with the tasks described in volume 1.
- See also Volume 1, AD-A032 164.
Modern Analysis, Incorporated229 Oak Street
Ridgewood, NJ USA
- Shinozuka, M
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic force; Aircraft pilotage; Aviation safety; Computer programs; Cracking; Fail safe systems; Fatigue (Mechanics); Flow charts; Force; Fracture mechanics; Jet fighters; Life expectancy; Load factor; Load transfer; Loads; Loss and damage; Needs assessment; Numerical analysis; Random variables; Reliability; Residual strength; Simulation; Strength of materials; Structural analysis; Structural design; Subroutines; Tolerances (Engineering)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety; Crack propagation; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic loading; Damage tolerant design; Fail safe; Flight maneuvers; Flow charting; Tolerances mechanics
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00146697
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AFFDL-TR-76-36-VOL 2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F33615-75-C-3066
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM