MICROSCOPIC ASPECTS OF RESIDUAL STRESSES
This lecture on Microscopic Aspects of Residual Stresses was given to the Air Force Materials Laboratory Workshop on Nondestructive Evaluation of Residual Stress. Residual stress and the more general concept of internal stress are defined and their theory developed using the modern methods of elasticity in imperfect continua.
- Pub. in Proceedings of Workshop on Nondestructive Evaluation of Residual Stress, San Antonio, Texas, August 13-14, 1975, p11-17 1976.(PC A02/MF A01)
National Bureau of StandardsConnecticut Avenue at Van Ness Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20008
- Simmons, J A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Elasticity (Mechanics); Materials; Microscopy; Nondestructive tests; Residual stress; Stresses; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00146654
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM