NORTHEAST CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 3: MANAGEMENT PLANNING AND CONTROL SYSTEM SUMMARY REPORT
The Northeast Corridor Improvement Program (NECIP) has as its primary goal the improvement of the intercity passenger rail system between Washington and Boston in order to maximize the use of the rail capability in meeting present and future transportation demands. The NECIP Management Planning and Control System (MPCS) consists of those planning, estimating, progress measuring, reporting, evaluation, and replanning functions required to design and construct the improvements within established schedule, cost, and performance parameters. Included in the MPCS are the policies, methods, procedures, reports, and data needed to accomplish and record the above functions and the automated Management Information System which assists in this process.
- See also Task 2, PB-259985. Also available in set of 3 reports PC-E09, PB-259983-SET.
Dynatrend, Incorporated131 Middlesex Street
Burlington, MA United States 01830
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Polutchko, J A
- Sherman, R A
- Hafer, F
- LePage, R
- Publication Date: 1976-3-31
- Pagination: 204 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction projects; Cost engineering; Industrial engineering; Management; Management information systems; Passenger transportation; Planning; Project management; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Scheduling; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Management methods; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00146514
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NEC-JAP-75-199 Final Rpt., FRA/NECPO-76/3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM