NORTHEAST CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 1: MANAGEMENT SURVEY SUMMARY REPORT
The summary report presents an overview of the organizational structure and construction management function of several, largely transportation oriented, construction projects. The nine organizations surveyed were: (1) Alyeska Pipeline Service Company, (2) Bay Area Rapid Transit District, (3) Chicago Transit Authority/Chicago Urban Transportation District, (4) Dallas-Fort Worth Regional Airport, (5) Federal Highway Administration/New York State Department of Transportation, (6) Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, (7) Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (8) Naval Facilities Engineering Command/Trident Project, and (9) Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. The data reported focuses on six major topics for each organization. They are: (1) project and organization background and overview, (2) funding and budgeting considerations, (3) project management and project monitoring, (4) construction project management, including cost and schedule controls, (5) management information systems, and (6) institutional considerations.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC-E09, PB-259983-SET.
Dynatrend, Incorporated131 Middlesex Street
Burlington, MA United States 01830
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Gracallese, A
- ALBIN, P A
- DiLuzio, R G
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Construction; Construction projects; Cost accounting; Cost engineering; Finance; Financing; High speed rail; Industrial engineering; Management; Management information systems; Organizations; Passenger transportation; Planning; Project management; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Rapid transit; Surveys; Transportation operations
- Identifier Terms: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority; San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District; Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cost centers; Management methods; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00146512
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NEC-PAA-75-194 Final Rpt., FRA/NECPO-76/1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1981 12:00AM