LABORATORY MEASUREMENT OF VEHICLE CHARACTERISTICS FOR PREDICTING HIGHWAY BEHAVIOR
Since it is possible to measure the pavement roughness spectrum, it is desirable to obtain vehicle characteristics that can be used with the pavement roughness spectrum to predict passenger acceleration and dynamic tire force. Vehicle frequency response characteristics are obtained in the laboratory that can be used for this purpose. This is the second of three reports on pavement roughness and vehicle dynamics studies under this contract.
- See also PB-250 370 and PB-254 809.
Purdue UniversitySchool of Mechanical Engineering
West Lafayette, IN United States 47907-2088
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Quinn, B E
- Gevers, D E
- Publication Date: 1976-5-1
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Dynamic loads; Forecasting; Highways; Measurement; Motor vehicles; Pavements; Roughness; Surface course (Pavements); Suspension systems; Texture; Tires; Traffic safety; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicle performance; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00146497
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75- 2 Final Rpt., FCP 31H3-112
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8056
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM