DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF MULTIPLE CAR VEHICLES USING COMPONENT MODES. VOLUME II. PARAMETRIC STUDY
The report documents the results of a parametric study made to assess the effects of inter-car coupling on the dynamic characteristics of high speed trains. In addition to shedding light on potential problems which may arise from the dynamic coupling of vehicle modes, the report includes a summary of the experience gained in application of the computer program developed for this purpose.
- Report on High Speed Ground Transportation Systems Engineering Study. See also Volume 1, PB-193 545.
TRW Systems GroupOne Space Park
Redondo Beach, CA USA 90278
- Hasselman, T K
- Kaplan, A
- Publication Date: 1970-7-27
- Pagination: 37 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programming; Couplers; Damping (Physics); Dynamic tests; Dynamics; High speed ground transportation; Information processing; Mathematical analysis; Mathematical models; Moments of inertia; Multiple unit trains; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Stiffness; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Undercarriages; Yaw
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Experimental design; Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer analysis; Multiple car trains; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039239
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 06818-6049-RO-00 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-C-353-66
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM