PARKING MANAGEMENT POLICIES AND AUTO CONTROL ZONES
The report discusses the feasibilities and impacts of parking management programs and auto control zones as air quality strategies in the National Capital Region. Legal, institutional and administrative problems are examined. Three parking programs involving higher rates and/or supply restrictions would be effective in achieving the 12% VMT reduction set forth in the Clean Air Act State Implementation Plan to achieve ambient air quality standards in 1977 (the $2 per day rate increase would approximately double current average daily rates). Implementation problems are more complex for supply restrictions than rate increases. Auto control zones have regional air quality potential in a 5-10 year time frame. A 69-page Summary Report, dated February 1976, is available.
- Sponsored in part by Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C. See also report dated Feb 76, PB-254 662.(PC A12/MF A01)
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
Environmental Protection Agency1901 Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA USA 22209
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 262 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Automobiles; Control; Exhaust gases; Legal factors; Legislation; Local government; Management; Metropolitan areas; Parking; Parking facilities; Pay parking; Pedestrian areas; Planning; Policy; Pollutants; Regulations; Standards; Taxes; Zoning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Parking costs
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution abatement; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00146466
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/OS-40045-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40045
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM