FROST INFLUENCE ON THE STABILITY OF RAILROADS
INFLUENCE DU GEL SUR LA STABILITE DES VOIES FERREES
Contents: Definitions and enumeration of the dangers which threaten the roads: (Disruption of the balance or instability of the superstructure or the understructure in its entirety; Frost action; The insufficiency of the road bearing capacity); Geological study and prospecting of the area for the projected road; (Frost sensibility; Bearing capacity; soil plasticity and liquidity limit - hydrological conditions on and around the prospected road; Depth reached by frost); Dimensioning on road foundations.
- Trans. of Bulletin Technique de la Suisse Romande, v84 n11 p193-199, 24 May 58.
Hanover, NH USA 03755-1290
- Bonnard, D
- Desponds, R
- Recordon, E
- Publication Date: 1960
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Foundations; Freezing; Frost heaving; Groundwater; Loads; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Soil mechanics; Stability (Mechanics); Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stability
- Geographic Terms: Switzerland
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations structures; Frost heave; Ground water conditions
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00146169
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM