CELLULAR SHEETPILE WHARF
The results of a field study of a wharf structure are given in this paper. The structure, located in Portland, Oregon, consists of 12 circular sheetpile cells filled with sand, 11 connecting arcs between cells, and a concrete deck slab resting directly on the sand fill in the cells. This study assesses the basis of design for the structure and provides a basis for design modification for future cellular wharves in the Portland harbor.
- Pub. in ASC National Water Resources and Ocean Engineering Convention 1976.
Oregon State University, CorvallisSea Grant College Program
Corvallis, OR USA 97331
National Oceanic and Atmospheric AdministrationSea Grant Program Office, 6010 Executive Boulevard
Rockville, MD USA 20852
- Schroeder, W L
- Market, D K
- Khuayjarernpanishk, T
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Design; Docks; Harbors; Marine engineering; Pile foundations; Sheet piling; Wharves
- Geographic Terms: Oregon; Willamette River
- Old TRIS Terms: Dock construction; Harbor facilities; Pile emplacement systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00146066
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORESU-R-76-004, NOAA-76062204
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM