HELICOPTER UNDER WATER ESCAPE LIGHTING
Egress from an aircraft downed in water will be less difficult if personnel are aided in locating exit points and surface direction. Several factors affecting suitable visual aids for a CH-46 helicopter are considered. Potential light sources and methods of mounting them are discussed. (Author)
Naval Air Development CenterSystems Department
Warminster, PA USA 18974
- Chisum, G T
- Publication Date: 1976-8-30
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft crashes; Collisions; Ditching; Escape systems; Flight crews; Helicopters; Lighting; Lighting equipment; Survival; Underwater construction; Underwater structures; Visual aids
- Old TRIS Terms: Ch-46 aircraft; Underwater escape lighting; Underwater lights
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00146049
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NADC-76265-40 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM