AIRBORNE MEASUREMENT OF VOR/LOCALIZER SIGNAL STRENGTH AND DESIRED TO UNDESIRED SIGNAL RATIOS. VOLUME I. VOR AND LOCALIZER FREE SPACE INTERACTIONS, CHICKASHA, OKLAHOMA
This report contains the results of airborne tests to obtain VHF Navaid signal strength measurements and also facility flyability recordings with two different Localizer and VOR Facility spacings. The tests were conducted with the VOR and Localizer transmitters on adjacent-channels. The data presented are measurements of the signal strengths of the facilities examined as well as crosspointer deviation and flag currents. Volume I - VOR and Localizer Free Space Interactions Chickasha, Oklahoma. Volume II - Love Field Dallas, Texas, Westmoreland Field Latrobe, Pa., 8-Loop, V-Ring and Twin-T Localizer Antenna Types. (Author)
- See also Volume 2, AD-A018 034.
- Everhart, R E
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Field strength; Instrument landing systems; Measurement; Phased arrays; Radio; Radio navigation; Transmission
- Identifier Terms: Dallas Love Field
- Old TRIS Terms: Field intensity; Instrument landing; Radio ranges; Visual omni range; Westmoreland field/latrobe
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00146040
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-75-165-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM