SNOW STUDIES. VOLUME 1. 1964-1974 (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The bibliography covers research on snow cover, snowmelt, snowdrifts, snow removal, trafficability, snow rescue and survival, physical and mechanical properties, as well as detection by remote sensing. Applications include construction of roads, runways, buildings, pipe lines, etc., in cold, remote, arctic or subarctic regions. (This updated bibliography contains 211 abstracts, none of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- BROWN, R J
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Bibliographies; Chemical properties; Cold weather; Detectors; Mechanical properties; Physical properties; Remote sensing; Snow; Snow cover; Snow removal; Snowdrifts; Snowmelt; Structures; Thickness; Trafficability
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145916
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Biblio.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM