SURFACE MINING. PART 2. OPEN PIT ORE MINING (CITATIONS FROM THE ENGINEERING INDEX DATA BASE)
Drilling and blasting practices, developments in mining machinery, slope stability research, and the use of computers to solve geological and mining problems are discussed. A few abstracts cover the economics of ore mining, surface transportation systems, and estimates of ore reserves. (Contains 97 abstracts)
- See also PS-760810.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Hundemann, A S
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Copper; Drilling; Economics; Energy resources; Excavating equipment; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Iron ores; Mineral deposits; Mineral resources; Minerals; Mining; Mining engineering; Natural resources; Ores; Presplitting (Blasting); Rock mechanics; Simulation; Traffic forecasting; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Copper ore deposits; Copper ores; Face preparation mining; Metalliferous minerals; Mining equipment; Open pit mining; Surface mining
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00145914
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM