THE EFFECT OF UNCERTAINTY ON THE SUPPLY OF COAL
This report discusses the effects of price uncertainty; technological uncertainty, as manifested through questions evolving from the probability of work stoppages and functional irregularities; questions concerning the actual versus estimated quantity of reserves; and uncertainty emanating from legislative matters, in particular legislation concerning emission requirements, reclamation policies, and tax-subsidy considerations.
University of Kentucky, LexingtonInstitute for Mining and Minerals Research
Lexington, KY United States 40511
- Burness, H S
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Coal resources; Demand; Energy resources; Equipment; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Legislation; Mathematical models; Natural resources; Pollution control; Prices; Probability theory; Strikes; Supply; Taxes; Technology; Traffic forecasting; Uncertainty
- Old TRIS Terms: Supply economics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Finance; Freight Transportation; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145900
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IMMR18-PD13-76
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM