CONTROL OF SNOWMOBILE NOISE. VOLUME I. TECHNOLOGY AND COST INFORMATION
This document contains information useful for the development of noise emission standards for snowmobiles. Topics covered include information on snowmobile construction, noise characteristics of models currently on the market, and noise reduction techniques and costs necessary to achieve specified noise levels.
Wyle Laboratories7800 Governors Drive West
Huntsville, AL United States 35805
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control
Washington, DC United States 20460
- Davy, B A
- Sharp, B H
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Construction; Costs; Engines; Mathematical models; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Recreation; Snowmobiles; Sound level; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Engine noise
- Subject Areas: Construction; Environment; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/550/9-74/003-A Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-1537
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM