DETERMINATION OF HARMFUL QUANTITIES AND RATES OF PENALTY FOR HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES. VOLUME IV. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
The three preceding volumes of this report describe in detail the development of four alternative technical approaches for the designation of harmful quantities and rates of penalty for non-removable hazardous materials. All approaches were designed to comply with the law, but each offers unique features which vary the degree of resolution and ease of administration achieved. Each alternative is likely to have a different level of impact on potential spillers as well as the environment. It is these differences that must be characterized and considered as part of the final selection of an optimal approach. Volume 4 has been written to address these and other issues.
- Also available in set of 4 reports as PB-257 792-SET, PC$26.00/MF$6.00.
Battelle-NorthwestPacific Northwest Laboratory
Richland, WA United States
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Water Planning and Standards, 401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20460
- Dawson, G W
- Stradley, M W
- Shuckrow, A J
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 218 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Ammonia; Benzene; Chemical spills; Chlorine; Classification; Economic impacts; Environmental impacts; Evaluation; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Industries; Insurance; Law enforcement; Legislation; Litigation; Management; Motor vehicles; Phenol; Planning; Pollution; Pollution control; Railroads; Regulation; Sodium hydroxide; Spills (Pollution); Sulfuric acid; Water pollution; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Sources; Water chemistry
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous chemicals classification; Management planning; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Law; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00145866
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., EPA/440/9-75/005d
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-2268
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM