ADVANCED PROTOTYPE DIRECT READING INSTRUMENT FOR PARTICULATE MASS MEASUREMENT
A prototype beta gauge instrument was designed and built to measure the mass of particles in exhaust emissions from mobile sources. The sensitivity of the instrument is significantly improved over those that were commercially available. The instrument automatically samples exhaust emissions and computes emission rates in grams per kilometer. All types of mobile sources including catalyst-equipped vehicles and diesel powered vehicles can be sampled by this instrument. The instrument meets the requirements specified in the federal test procedure prescribed in the Federal Register, Part II, Volume 37, Number 221, November 15, 1972.
Industrial Nucleonics CorporationNew Ventures Division, 650 Aekerman Road
Columbus, OH United States 43202
Environmental Protection AgencyEnvironmental Sciences Research Laboratory
Research Triangle Pk, NC United States
- Lorenz, R S
- Pfeifer, R J
- Cressman, D E
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 168 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobiles; Catalysts; Catalytic converters; Design; Development; Diesel engines; Electric circuits; Exhaust gases; Information processing; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Monitoring; Particles; Performance evaluations; Policy; Prototypes; Regulations; Sampling; Sensitivity; Specifications; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Monitors; Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Circuits; Government policies; Weight mass
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Law; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00145861
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/650-2-74/065 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-02-0782
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM