THE COST OF CLEAN AIR
This report to Congress, submitted in accordance with the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1970, presents projections of the costs and the results of governmental and private efforts to carry out provisions of the Act. The sources of air pollution are broadly divided into three groups: transportation sources, power sources, and production or industrial sources. Projections for each of these groups are presented in separate chapters of this report. As in previous reports, national cost estimates are presented for governmental programs and for control of sources of air pollution. Estimates of costs, benefits, and impacts reported herein are based, insofar as possible, upon actual regulations adopted by the states in implementation plans submitted to EPA.
- Previously announced as N74-28049. See also report dated Apr 74, PB-238 762.
Environmental Protection AgencyDallas, TX United States 75202
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 98 p.
- Issue Number: 13
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Biochemistry; Combustion; Contaminants; Cost estimating; Costs; Data collection; Electric power generation; Environmental impacts; Estimates; Exhaust gases; Fossil fuels; Gases; Incinerators; Industrial plants; Industries; Legislation; Metal industry; Particles; Petroleum industry; Power; Public health; Quarrying; States; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: Clean Air Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Incineration; Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution abatement; Combustion products
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00145860
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM