PORT SYSTEM STUDY FOR THE PUBLIC PORTS OF WASHINGTON STATE AND PORTLAND, OREGON. VOLUME II. TECHNICAL SUPPLEMENT. PART 1. STUDY APPROACH, COMMODITY SPECIFICATIONS, TREND ANALYSIS, AND DOMESTIC TRADE ORIGIN AND DESTINATION DATA
Work in this study included obtaining public port physical, economic, and institutional data to assist in defining the current characteristics of the public port system. Commodity data gathered included foreign export/import commodity data, domestic coast wise receipts, and shipments data with forecasts made for the years 1980, 1990, and 2000. Forecasts also were made of marine and port technologies for the current and future time periods. Expert judgment was applied to assess impacts of potential future changes which cannot be determined from historical trends.
- Prepared in cooperation with Washington Public Ports Association, Olympia, and Port of Portland, Oregon. Also available in set of 7 reports as PB-258 120-SET, PC$40.75/MF$14.00.
Aerospace Corporation2350 East El Sequdo Boulevard
El Sequndo, CA United States 90245
Washington Public Ports Association1501 Capitol Way South
Olympia, WA United States 98507
Port of Portland700 NE Multnomah Street, P.O. Box 3529
Portland, OR United States 97208
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-3-31
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Commodities; Demand; Development; Economic analysis; Economic conditions; Exports; Facilities; Forecasting; Imports; International trade; Marine terminals; Organizations; Port capacity; Port operations; Port structures; Ports; Seaports; Surveys; Technology; Trade; Trend (Statistics)
- Geographic Terms: Oregon; Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ports); Economic surveys; Port surveys
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00145851
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATR-75(7454)-2-Pt-1, MA-GEN-970-7701-Vol-2
- Contract Numbers: MA-4-37068
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM