WESTOVER INDUSTRIAL AIRPARK, CHICOPEE, MASSACHUSETTS, (MASTER PLAN 1-4). EXISTING RESOURCES
The master plan for Westover Industrial Airpark is the first step in an effort to create a major new business setting in western Massachusetts. Existing resources, opportunities and constraints must be coordinated with region-wide growth potentials to achieve the orderly conversion of over 1300 acres of surplus Federal land to productive civilian uses. A concise overview of the Master Plan is presented to provide direction for all development decisions affecting the surplus base property. It reflects significant and continuous participation on the part of the Westover Metropolitan Development Corporation, the city of Chicopee and the town of Ludlow.
- Prepared in cooperation with CE Maguire, Inc., New Britain, Conn.
Westover Metropolitan Development CorporationChicopee Falls, MA United States
Maguire (CE), IncorporatedNew Britain, CT United States
Economic Development Administration14th Street, Between E St and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 178 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Alternatives analysis; Cities; Cities and towns; City planning; Constraints; Decision making; Economic development; Land use; Marketing; Natural resources
- Uncontrolled Terms: Conversion
- Old TRIS Terms: Westover industrial air park
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00145845
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-76-046 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM