AEROSAT AND MAROTS: TWO MOBILE COMMUNICATION SATELLITES
The Aerosat and Marots missions are described. Aerosat is an aeronautical satellite program permitting experimentation and evaluation of aircraft/ground communications, surveillances, and wideband techniques. Two geostationary satellites will be located over the Atlantic Ocean. Marots will be a maritime stationary communication satellite providing a wide range of experimentation between satellite and ship terminals. The two missions are compared.
- Conf-Presented at the 11th Intern. Symp. on Space Technol. and Sci., Tokyo, 30 June-5 July 1975.
European Space Research & Technology CenterNoordwijk, Netherlands
- Vandenkerckhove, J A
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Communication; Communications satellites; Marine terminals; Mobility; Navigational satellites; Satellite communication
- Old TRIS Terms: Aeros satellite; Aircraft communication; Ship terminals
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00145821
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM