LEAD-OXYGEN DC POWER SUPPLY SYSTEM HAVING A CLOSED LOOP OXYGEN AND WATER SYSTEM
An electrical power system is provided for supplying dc power to electrically motorized vehicles, emergency standby sources, and the like. A lead-oxygen battery cell used as a source of dc power includes a positive charging grid, a conventional negative electrode, a positive discharging electrode, and a Teflon membrane member coated with a catalyst contained in an atmosphere of oxygen which is admitted to the cell through the Teflon membrane. Oxygen is given off during the charging cycle and is compressed in a storage tank for reuse during each duty cycle providing a closed system wherein contamination is minimized and a long-life cycle can result.
- Misc-Filed 27 Dec. 1974 Supersedes N75-16078 (13 - 07, p 0789). This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of Patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C.
Marshall Space Flight CenterNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
Huntsville, AL USA 35812
- Britz, W J
- Bosher, W A
- Kaufmann, J J
- Publication Date: 1976-6-22
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Catalysts; Direct current; Electric batteries; Electric power transmission; Electric vehicles; Electrical equipment; Energy storage devices; Energy storage systems; Engine cycle; Feedback control; Lead (Metal); Loops (Control systems); Oxygen; Polytetrafluoroethylene; Product development
- Old TRIS Terms: Closed cycles; Gas evolution; Gas exchange; Oxygen regulators; Power systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00145813
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent-3 964 928
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM