UTILIZATION OF BRAKE ENERGY IN INDIVIDUAL VEHICLES FOR REDUCTION OF CONSUMPTION AND EXHAUST EMISSION NUTZUNG DER BREMSENERGIE IN INDIVIDUALFAHRZEUGEN ZUR VERBRAUCHSUND ABGASEMISSIONSMINDERUNG
The possibilities of hybrid drives for brake energy utilization are explained in view of the energy shortage. Expenditure for and utility of the brake energy utilization are compared by means of selected drives and appropriate vehicles based on the principles of driving mechanics as well as of storage and conversion techniques. Despite an undeniable reduction of consumption, economical reasons oppose the general introduction of this system into series production. In special applications, such as taxis and buses etc., the regenerative brake may be useful. (Author)
- Subm-Sponsored by Bundesmin. Fuer Forsch. U. Technol. In German; English Summary.
Porsche (Ferdinand) AGStuttgart, West Germa, ZZ ny
- Hartig, F
- Hofmann, R
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 187 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automobiles; Brakes; Braking; Costs; Energy; Energy conservation; Energy conversion; Energy storage systems; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Handling and storage; Manual transmissions; Regenerators; Storage facilities; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Regeneration
- Old TRIS Terms: Mechanical drive
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145805
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BNFT-FB-T-75-38 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1981 12:00AM