NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF TIDAL CIRCULATION FOR LONG BEACH HARBOR. REPORT 3. EXISTING CONDITIONS AND ALTERNATE PLANS FOR PIER J COMPLETION AND TANKER TERMINAL STUDY WITH -82 FT CHANNEL
The purpose of this phase of the Long Beach Harbor model study was to numerically investigate the impact on existing harbor circulation of alternate master plan Pier J configurations with a -82 ft channel on tidal circulation. This report describes the application of a previously verified numerical model in a completely predictive mode to evaluate the effect of alternate Pier J configurations and a -82 ft channel on tidal circulation.
- See also Report 1, AD-A031 174.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
- Raney, D C
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Breakwaters; Channels (Waterways); Equations of motion; Finite differences; Flow; Freight terminals; Harbors; Hydrodynamics; Intermodal terminals; Mathematical models; Numerical analysis; Ocean waves; Petroleum terminals; Piers (Supports); Piers (Wharves); Ship motion; Simulation; Structural models; Tankers; Tidal currents; Tides; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flow rate; Two dimensional
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Circulation; Harbor models; Simulated tidal flow; Tidal models
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Freight Transportation; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00145697
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-MP-H-76-4-3 Misc Pap
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM