CORPS-WIDE CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN IN STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. VOLUME III. INVITED SPEECHES AND TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS
Mr. Charles Corns, in his speech on Structural Design in the Corps, spoke about the training of structural engineers, the responsibility of Office, Chief of Engineers (OCE), for issuing technical guidance to field offices, and the structural engineering research program. COL Patrick Marks, discussing Computer Support for Engineers, stressed OCE's willingness to help with hardware procurement, software support, research support dissemination efforts, contractual support, and ADP planning. Mr. Corns' second speech, The Role of Computers in Civil Works Design, gave the historical background for using the computer for structural analysis, surveyed the current Civil Works development program for computer use, and discussed some areas where computer analysis has vastly improved structural design. Mr. William D. Ashton, in his speech on Computer-Aided Bridge Design, told how the Rock Island District (RID) has greatly increased its design efficiency and reduced design time and costs by using the computer. Mr. James Cheek in his talk, Engineering Computer Graphics, gave the history of the Wes ADPC computer graphics capability. Dr. N. Radhakrishnan, discussed Some Recent Applications of the Finite Element Method In Corps' Work. Mr. Richard Delyea presented the Federal Construction Council's System called FACTS. A similar library called Conversationally Oriented Real-Time Programming System (CORPS) is maintained by the Corps of Engineers at WES.
- Proceedings of Conference held 22-26 Sep 76, New Orleans, La. See also Volume 4, AD-A031 246.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Corns, C F
- Marks, P W
- Ashton, W D
- Cheek, J B
- Radhakrishnan, N
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Conferences; Costs; Finite element method; Information processing; Real time control; Real time data processing; Software; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural engineering; Technical writing; Time sharing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00145689
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM