FACT BOOK: A SUMMARY OF INFORMATION ABOUT TOWAWAY ACCIDENTS INVOLVING 1973-1975 MODEL CARS. VOLUME II
Standardized injury rates and seat belt effectiveness measures are derived from a probability sample of towaway accidents involving 1973-1975 model cars. The data were collected in five different geographic regions. Weighted sample size available for the analysis is 15,818 occupants for which there is complete information on belt usage, injury level, age, crash configuration, vehicle weight, and damage severity. Volume II contains a variety of tables detailing who was involved in the accidents investigated, where and when they occurred, and what make and model car was involved. This volume also serves as a 'Fact Book' of information describing belt usage by various sub-populations; occupant injuries (including fatalities and belt-caused injuries); malfunction, defeat or maladjustment of belts; ejection; and problems encountered by unusual occupants.
- Record URL:
- See also volume 1, PB-258542.
University of North Carolina, Chapel HillHighway Safety Research Center
Chapel Hill, NC United States 27599
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hall, R G
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 268 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Automobiles by type; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Fatalities; Injuries; Least squares method; Manual safety belts; Research; Statistical analysis; Towing devices; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Vehicle make
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00145633
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-036 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01255
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM