PROGRAM LEVEL EVALUATION OF ASAP DIAGNOSIS, REFERRAL AND REHABILITATION EFFORTS. VOLUME IV. DEVELOPMENT OF THE SHORT TERM REHABILITATION (STR) STUDY
The present report discusses the development, implementation, and current status of the Short Term Rehabilitation (STR) Study initiated by the NHTSA in 1974. Experimental designs employed by each of the 11 ASAP/STR sites for the assignment of mid-range problem drinker drivers to STR treatment or control groups are described. Preliminary analyses designed to provide a set of life change criteria for use in assessing the effectiveness of STR rehabilitation modalities are presented. These analyses have been applied to the Life Activities Interview to yield five life status factors including: Alcohol Use, Income/Employment, Socialization/Social Activity, Family/Marital Status, and Physical Health Factors. Scales of the Current Status Questionnaire (CSQ) and Personality Assessment Survey (PAS) instruments are also presented.
- Record URL:
- Also available in set of 4 reports as PB-259035-SET.
University of South Dakota, VermillionHuman Factors Laboratory
Vermillion, SD United States 57069
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ellingstad, V S
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 243 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Alcoholism; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Highway safety; Income; Personality; Prevention; Project management; Questionnaires; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation; Treatment programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00145632
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-045 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-191-3-759
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM