PROGRAM LEVEL EVALUATION OF ASAP DIAGNOSIS, REFERRAL AND REHABILITATION EFFORTS. VOLUME III. ANALYSIS OF ASAP REHABILITATION COUNTERMEASURES EFFECTIVENESS
The present report describes the client flow through rehabilitation systems of the 35 NHTSA funded Alcohol Safety Action Projects (ASAPs) during the 1972-1974 period of project operations, summarizes project initiated analyses of treatment program effectiveness, and reports program level (across project) analyses of total treatment system and individual treatment modality effectiveness based upon rearrest recidivism (for alcohol related offenses) data reported by the projects. During the 1972-1974 period addressed by this report, a total of 140,540 court referred clients were exposed to a variety of ASAP supported or coordinated rehabilitation programs, at a cost to the ASAPs of $5,346,502. The most extensively used treatment alternatives were ASAP initiated alcohol safety schools, although substantial use was also made of community alcohol rehabilitation resources.
- Record URL:
- Also available in set of 4 reports as PB-259035-SET.
University of South Dakota, VermillionHuman Factors Laboratory
Vermillion, SD United States 57069
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ellingstad, V S
- Springer, T J
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 179 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Alcoholism; Arrests; Countermeasures; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Highway safety; Law enforcement; Measures of effectiveness; Prevention; Project management; Recidivism; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation; Treatment programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00145631
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-044 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-191-3-759
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM