PROGRAM LEVEL EVALUATION OF ASAP DIAGNOSIS, REFERRAL AND REHABILITATION EFFORTS. VOLUME II. ANALYSIS OF ASAP DIAGNOSIS AND REFERRAL ACTIVITY
The volume focuses on the diagnosis and referral systems of the NHTSA Alcohol Safety Action Projects (ASAPs) for the period 1972 to 1974. A description of the subsystems as they operated at the 35 ASAPs is presented along with client flow data. Profiles of clients in drinker diagnosis categories and several rehabilitation modality categories are presented for demographic and arrest history variables. Analyses designed to assess the validity of several types of diagnostic systems employed by the ASAPs are presented. Results of these analyses indicate that NHTSA criteria for drinker diagnosis are the most valid of the systems analyzed.
- Also available in set of 4 reports as PB-259035-SET.
University of South Dakota, VermillionHuman Factors Laboratory
Vermillion, SD USA 57069
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Struckman-Johnson, D L
- Mushill, E F
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 246 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Alcoholism; Arrests; Demographics; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Highway safety; Prevention; Project management; Safety; Tests; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data; Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00145630
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-043 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-191-3-759
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM