PREFERENTIAL FACILITIES FOR CARPOOLS AND BUSES - SEVEN REPORTS
These seven reports on preferential facilities for carpools and buses have been assembled and reprinted by the Federal Highway Administration. The reports provide information on several recent projects to increase the person-moving capacity of the highway system by designating facilities for preferential use by high-occupancy vehicles. The reports cover many different types of priority treatment. Some of the reports analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of particular projects. Other reports emphasize the project design and operational features; others simply describe the current operation of unique or unusual projects.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Buses; Carpools; Cooperation; Design; Freeways; Passenger transportation; Ramps; Strategic planning; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicle occupancy
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00145621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/PL-77-005
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1981 12:00AM