SURVEY OF SUSPENSIONS. ANALYSIS OF TONGUE WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION AND TOW VEHICLE AND TRAILER. REPORT NO. XIV
A one of a kind analysis of the actual weight distribution of tongue weights on the tow vehicle and the trailer due to the use of weight distribution hitches. These were weights as measured for car trailer combinations as they were in use on the highways. Each wheel was weighed while the unit was connected and again when the hitch was disconnected. The tongue weight was also taken when disconnected. The complete distribution was obtained in this manner.
- See also Volume 9, PB-230 721, Volume 11, PB-235 942 and Volume 13, PB-257 462.
Pioneer Engineering and Manufacturing Company2500 East Nine Mile Road
Warren, MI United States 48091
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ludtke, N
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Loads; Measurement; Suspension systems; Tires; Trailers; Wheels
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145608
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-028
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00978
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 2002 12:00AM