DRIVER PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND ANALYSIS SYSTEM (DPMAS). VOLUME I. DESCRIPTION AND OPERATIONS MANUAL
A prototype driver performance measurement and analysis system (DPMAS) has been developed for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This system includes a completely instrumented 1974 Chevrolet Impala capable of digitally recording, onboard, driver control and activity measures, vehicle motion variables, vehicle land position, and driver psychophysiological measures. It also has a three-camera video system, including video tape, for recording the external visual scene and interior driver actions, and an electrohydraulic servo steering system for varying vehicle dynamics and steering ratio and applying external disturbances which force driver control. This prototype system is intended to provide a research and application tool to demonstrate contemporary instrumentation and data acquisition techniques and to permit the effective execution of varied experimental and application programs such as driver behavior in various control tasks, studies of driver/vehicle/environment interactions, driver training and education, driver licensing and proficiency testing, and experiments on driver impairment such as induced by alcohol, drugs, medicines, or other stressors.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 3, PB-258 538.
Systems Technology, Incorporated13766 South Hawthorne Boulevard
Hawthorne, CA United States 90250
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Klein, R H
- Allen, R W
- Peters, R A
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 151 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Data collection; Driver licensing; Driver performance; Driver training; Drivers; Equipment tests; Human machine systems; Instrumentation; Manuals; Performance evaluations; Personnel performance; Prototypes; Recording instruments; Stress (Physiology); Systems analysis; Traffic safety; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicles; Videotapes; Water cannons
- Old TRIS Terms: Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801-985 Final Rpt., ST1-TA-1039-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-359-3-733
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM