CARLOAD WAYBILL STATISTICS BASED ON A SAMPLE OF WAYBILLS FOR TERMINATIONS IN THE YEAR 1975. TERRITORIAL DISTRIBUTION TRAFFIC AND REVENUE BY COMMODITY CLASSES
The statistics of this report have been compiled from a sample of audited revenue waybills submitted to the FRA by 75 railroads. The data regarding territorial distribution of railroad carload terminations have been compiled since 1972 utilizing a computer based waybill information processing system (WIPS) developed under the direction of the Federal Railroad Administration. The statistics tabulated for 1975 were derived from a total of 131,074 waybills, 41,251 EM-5 documents and 1,150 multiple car statement documents resulting in 192,633 carloads.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-9-3
- Pagination: 214 p.
- TRT Terms: Carloadings; Classification; Commodities; Computer programming; Data collection; Economic conditions; Exports; Freight transportation; Imports; Information processing; Piggyback transportation; Railroad transportation; Regions; Revenues; Statistics; Traffic; Traffic density; Waybill samples
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Economic surveys
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145602
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 6780.1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM