CHARACTERISTICS OF THE REGULAR ADULT BICYCLE USER
A study of adult bicycle riders who ride at least three times a month was conducted in the spring of 1975. A mailback questionnaire was completed and returned by 50 percent of the 8,405 members of a national bicycle organization. Almost 39 percent, or 3,250 questionnaires, were used in the final analysis. Demographic and bicycle description data and information were recorded along with trip characteristics and accident experience for the year 1974.
Federal Highway Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kaplan, J A
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Adults; Bicycles; Crashes; Cyclists; Demographics; Questionnaires; Travel patterns
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00145596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FWHA/R9-76/7 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM