ANTHROPOMETRIC TEST DUMMY, MODEL 825-50 OPERATION AND SERVICE MANUAL
The report covers the development, manufacture, testing, and evaluation of two (2) 50th percentile male anthropomorphic test dummies. The objective was to develop a test dummy which NHTSA could use for compliance tests with appropriate Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in the evaluation of protection systems for vehicle occupants during real and simulated impact conditions. A further objective was to generate a corresponding test dummy data package which could be made available to any source interested in manufacturing, checking, comparing with other dummy configurations and otherwise verifying the accuracy and precision of the various details.
- See also PB-257 179.
Sierra Engineering Company123 East Montecito Avenue
Sierra Madre, CA USA 91024
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Roshala, J L
- Popp, L E
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Anatomical models; Anthropometry; Collisions; Crash injury research; Design; Dummies; Manufacturing; Measurement; Research; Safety; Simulation; Traffic crashes; Vehicle occupancy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00145595
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801-972-2 Final Rpt., TR-825-900-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-254-3-568
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM