MANAGEMENT OF TRAFFIC OPERATIONS COMPUTER SYSTEM (MAGTOP). USER'S MANUAL - PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION
This manual documents the MAGTOP Computer System originally developed for the New York Department of Transportation and converted into ANSI FORTRAN for the Federal Highway Administration. This volume provides program documentation for each of the modules contained in the MAGTOP system. Separate volume MAGTOP User's Manual - Sample Input and Output provides sample input/output runs for each module. The Management of Traffic Operations (MAGTOP) computer system has been designed to assist the traffic engineer in developing traffic operations improvements as part of the transportation systems Management element of an urban transportation plan. The system provides a convenient method for storing the large amounts of traffic operations data and provides the integrated facilities to easily summarize, analyze, and display this data. Modules are included to calculate capacities, signal offset analysis, statistical analysis and collision diagram analysis. Other modules provide reports on volume counts, speed/delay, accidents, volume/capacity, signal timing, and physical characteristics. Plot modules plot histograms, two variables, network bandwidth, and time space diagrams.
- See also PB-258 349.
Comsis Corporation8737 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Grine, R
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 312 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Computers; Crashes; Data storage; Highway operations; Highway planning; Highway traffic; Highway traffic control; Management; Manuals; Ramps; Traffic; Traffic counts; Traffic crashes; Traffic engineering; Traffic signals; Transportation operations; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Motor vehicle accidents; Systems management; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00145591
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8539-PD Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8539
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM